Monday, May 12, 2008



That’s my mom with my baby.  I hear being a Grandma is fun, but only because you get to enjoy a wee one with the knowledge that you aren’t responsible.  That feeling must rock.

I woke up yesterday morning pretty excited about my day.  I am starting to feel like a mom, as opposed to my first Mother’s Day when I just felt like a caterer.  I ended my day feeling like a mom, but not in the good way.  Poor WonderToddler is teething and is a grumpy, ouchie mess.  She screamed at me most of the day… and then when we were apart she screamed for me.  Then screamed to get away from me… she didn’t get the memo that said she was supposed to fawn all over me and worship me.  Curses.

Then she woke up sick, and I in turn feel cruddy.  Although the upshot to all this is that she’s super cuddly when she’s sick, and I’m loving every minute of it.  I may let her eat more stuff off the ground more often…

Go hug a mom today.  It’s back to the grindstone, and we need all the hugs we can get.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...