Sunday, April 5, 2009



(image via audreyhepburncomplex)


So, where were we?  Oh yes, unemployed and pregnant.  I am reminded every day by how how much worse it could be, so I don’t want to spend too much energy bemoaning my state.  Speaking of state - our fair state has an unemployment rate of almost 10% - but I digress. 


I feel small.  Unable to do anything of importance.  I’ve been teaching my lessons, parenting the toddler and earning a small amount of money by playing my violin - but with SexyHusband losing his job, that puts a chill over everything.  I’ll keep doing my jobs, but they don’t matter as much.  They don’t pay for the doctor, or the house.   We’ll be fine, he’s proven time and time again that he has mad job-getting and landing-on-your-feet skills.  But I feel like it’s shown a big spotlight on how useless I am. 


And on another completely related note, I think my baby bump went away.  The baby is still in there - kicking and healthy and growing, but dagnabit, I don’t look nearly pregnant enough.   It’s no fun to look like a beer belly, when there’s a blasted BABY in there.


*added*  did I mention how the best gift I could have gotten was sitting around Friday, after blogging the news of SH’s lay-off, and reading the sweet comments and e.mails from loved ones I know and ones that I don’t, offering support and comfort??  THANK YOU.  I.  Heart.  Everyone.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...