Tuesday, October 20, 2009



Besides the hoopla and travels, I had two requests for my birthday.  A subscription to Family Fun magazine, and a dress from Shabby Apple.  A bit pricier than I usually go for dresses, but FANTABULOUS.  I actually go to their website everyday and drool.  Well-made, classic and modest, they are dresses a tall girl like me can wear without extra camisoles or extender slips - just classy.  I searched the website for months to see what dress would I get if I could, and picked this one.  And then drooled at it every day for 6 more months before I told Husband I Had To Have It.  Please.


He balked a bit at the price, but in the end told me MAYBE I’d get it.  If I stopped yapping about it.  Fast forward to the night before we left for Chicago - I was packing for the trip and had tried on every nice dress/skirt I own and nothing fit my 2-months postpartum bod.  Everything looked like I was actually hurting the clothes with my extra girth around the middle.  I was nearing hysteria, when Husband walked in and tossed a package on the bed.  From Shabby Apple.  But I was too afraid to be excited - what if it didn’t fit??  I’d probably go catatonic.  Tried it on with trepedation… and … HOLY CRAP, I DIDN’T LOOK FAT!!  I LOOKED GOOD!!  IT FIT, IT WAS LONG ENOUGH, HUGGED MY BODY JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE ME LOOK CUTE BUT NOT TOO TIGHT!!!!!!  IT’S FREAKING MAGICAL, LIKE THOSE TRAVELING PANTS!!!


This is one of the only pictures I have of me in said dress, because I was so busy spinning around in glee to take a decent shot.  But holy snap, it makes me feel AMAZING.   Totally worth it.  Dear Shabby Apple, thank you for making me feel human again!!  And dear Husband, You. Rock.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...