Sunday, November 15, 2009



Husband with Grandpa. This is my future - those guys are twins. Rowr.



So you know how when you get to go home to visit and you have all this stuff planned to do bit then it turns out there is nowhere near enough time to see everyone and do everything? I’m exhausted! I’m starting to understand the logic in not telling anyone you’re in town…



But tonight is special. I’m staying overnight with one of my favorite violin student’s houses. The mom is like a computer hacker but for motherhood and the girl is one of WG’s best friends. And of course they adore Dude, who wouldn’t?? Surrounded by family and friends, I haven’t seen WG this honestly happy since we moved 5 months ago. It makes my heart ache and I don’t want to leave all these people who love her. Also, these guys just supplied all of Dude’s wardrobe for the next 2 years. It’s gooood to have friends like these. And I feel all empowered, I just packed up a bag and took 2 kids on an overnighter. Like a mom who knows what she’s doing. One more day in the paradise we call the south…

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...