Friday, January 15, 2010

I DID IT. Man, these anniversary videos always take 2 weeks to put together, but this year I just could NOT come up with any ideas. No songs seemed to fit. And then yesterday morning, BLAMMO. It took only a few hours and is therebynot as polished as I would have made it, but regardless, I decree it AWESOME. Some explainations: 1. Why the A-Team theme? Husband is obsessed with Mr. T. OBSESSED. When we were dating, he actually had A-Team sheets on his bed. And I arranged it for my HS orchestra (I was a teacher, remember?) to play at our wedding reception in ATL as a surprise for him. He loved it, FYI. Now, why I used it was this - the first part of this year was HARD. Doesn’t look so much by the pictures, but who takes pictures of the crummy stuff? I was sick and pregnant, and then he was laid off. We had two choices - pray we could to stay in ATL and wait until something happened, or face the facts that the job market in Georgia was awful, so we rennovated our house as much as possible to get it ready to sell and Husband flew all over the country for interviews. It was scary. It was depressing to leave all the people we loved, especially 8 months pregnant. But we did it because it was the right thing to do. The A-Team would have done the same thing. :) 2. And Dare You To Move? Good gravy, did you listen to the lyrics?? Holy make-me-bawl, Batman. We’ve moved 5 times in 5 years. We didn’t want to, but we had to take risks and do what was best for our family. We are not the sedentary kind, I’ve noticed. It’s paid off, and we’ve been extremely blessed. It has NOT been easy. But it has been worth it. PS And the last bit? One of our favorite movies of all time. I mean, we ARE Mormon.





No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...