Sunday, July 18, 2010



I went on a motorcycle ride for about 2 hours yesterday.  With 2,000 bikers.


Let me answer a few questions:



Husband drove, I just held on for dear life.


Yes, I AM incredibly sore.


We drove a zig zag of back roads to a nearby town - GORGEOUS views of farms and the Wisconsin countryside.


No, I don’t think I’ll ever do it again.


Yes, I did stick out like a sore thumb.


No, it wasn’t pre-meditated.  Husband asked if I wanted to join him and the thought of ME going was so ridiculous that I momentarily lost all reason and agreed to go.


It was a charity ride for the MDA.


Yes, there were motorcycles as far as the eye could see! 


OH yes I was terrified the entire time.


Yes, they did. Not only were there crowds lining the route to watch the spectacle (a parade of chrome!) - there were even some Amish people sitting in their front yards to check it out.  I find that a little odd, but more on the Amish another time.


I did have a ball, actually.  I tried to ignore the terror in my brain and enjoy the moment.  It was nice to feel like the kind of wild person who would actually do something like that for just a few hours :)



2 days before, Husband had braved Twilight with me, which in its own way was a crazed thing to do where you have to suspend all rational thought and enjoy it for what it is.  And date nights aren’t that common, so it was refreshing.  But then another nutty date 2 days later was amazing.  I feel so refreshed and revitalized.  I have actual energy right now!  I VACCUMED yesterday.  I KNOW!!!  If I could get 2 dates every week, there’s no telling the amount of stuff I’d be able accomplish!


It was really, REALLY cool to just be US, the couple that fell in love, and not the zookeepers of our insane family for a little while.  I love, LOVE my life and my wee ones.  And I’m so glad I got reminded of how wonderful and fun forever will be with Husband at my side.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...