Wednesday, September 8, 2010




WonderGirl started preschool a few minutes ago.  I may or may not be a blubbering mess.  I miss my Sunshine.  It’s ridiculous to be such a baby - it’s just 2 hours more a week than she was going to her daycare last year, and she won’t be in real kindergarten for a few more years.  But I miss her.


At times I am horrified to give her away to someone else for 3 mornings a week because I’m just. not. done. teaching her every second of the day.  I can’t let her out of my sight, what if she makes a mistake??  (and yes, I know that’s how this parenthood thing is supposed to go.)  


But as anguishing it is to let her walk away from me for a few hours, I have one thing keeping me sane.  I know I can trust her.  I can trust her to be kind and honest.  I can trust her to seek help instead of striking back.  I can trust her to listen and obey.  And when she has trouble with any of these things, I can trust her to try again.  She’s got this.


But I miss her.


No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...