Thursday, March 10, 2011



DUDE.  THE OT NEEDS TO CALL.  IT IS TIME TO PANIC.  The Dude did this to his favorite book - Old Hat New Hat (who doesn’t love Old Hat New Hat??) in a matter of minutes.  That is HUGE chunk!  No, we don’t have a gerbil, a dog, or an alligator.  We have a toddler who has some crazy thing going on where he needs to eat books for amusement.


Oh, and today we met the husband at a Chinese buffet for lunch, where the Dude made a ginormous mess as usual.  When he started to get really antsy and kept trying to climb out of his high chair, I tried to give him a cookie.  But he was so determined to get out he was just annoyed by the offer.  I knew if he just tasted it, he’d think “Whoa - sugar!  Ima gonna sit back down and munch quietly on this!” so I tried to jam it in his mouth.  Yes, I’m that amazing of a parent.  Anywho, a piece broke off and I tried to grab it, but at that point it was under his chin and my attempts just hit his tickle reflex so he squished up his neck and started giggling positively hysterically.  I couldn’t get it unstuck because he was twitching and laughing/gurgling/giggling and I was laughing so hard I couldn’t think straight.  It was so funny it made me decide to allow him to get down and run around the restaurant.


The thing is, this tickle-ish thing is possibly a sign of this whole sensory stuff.  But do I really want that fixed?  It’s hysterical.  I’ll seriously take a video of me tickling him and you’ll fall over from the sheer adorablenessessess.


Ug… but the books… he’s eating every blasted book in the house.  CALL ME, OT PERSON.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...