Thursday, March 24, 2011



My dearest Lola is at the hospital at this very moment, officially becoming a mother.  The last 9 months have been tough, and I promised her from day one I’d be there to help.  And I will.  I’m packing up myself and the kids for an extended trip to the mountains.  I’m torn between being desperate to jump in the car this very second, and being absolutely terrified of making the drive alone.  I insisted I could do it, but now… less confident.  I’m checking FB every 2 seconds just in case her husband mentions anything…  I need to be there.  I should be there.  I WILL be there.  Why on earth have they not invented teleportation yet???


This pic is from our trip to Savannah when I was pregnant with WG in 2006.  It was a million degrees and that guy’s uniform was WOOL.  AK.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...