Sunday, May 13, 2012

365 days 119-121


5-11-12
Thanks for all the imput, I went with number 1.  And oh man, does my neck still hurt...!

5-12-12
I think purgatory might be just like a 5 year old's birthday party...


5-13-12
Happiest of Mother's Day to my way-cool mom.  Honestly, every day I am more and more shocked that she didn't go completely mental raising us 4 nutjob kiddos.  This mommying job is NOT easy work, but it helps to have an example of someone who made it out the other side and still loves her job.  I am a truly blessed gal.
Speaking of blessed, check out the grins on these two!  Holy snap I love these kids.  This morning I was awakened by WonderGirl running into my room, desperate to tell me about something she'd just learned about Zimbabwe from her new atlas.  I have no idea what it was, though.  Then later as they were bringing my Mother's Day breakfast into my room, WonderGirl shouted "Happy Mother's Day!" and the Dude yelled "Happy Birthday!!"  It was happy indeed - especially when husband surprised me - he had scheduled WG to speak in church.  I was completely blown away by my 5 year old daughter's self-written, freakin' adorable missive to the entire congregation and by the fact that she had managed to keep this a secret for an entire week.

She said she hoped to be a mommy like me someday, but I have a feeling she is going to blow my try completely out of the water.  Happy Mother's Day, y'all!

3 comments:

Jane said...

How is that talk not on video?! Dude.
And I know exactly what you mean, well almost exactly. If I was my mother I might have slapped me a time or two and she never did. That is amazing.

Jane said...

Also, I agree completely about the 5-year old's birthday party. Why do *I* get invited to those things anyway?

Jane said...

Where is my first comment? Grr, I dislike blogger a lot right now.
In essence:
How is that talk not on video?!
And if I were my mother I would have slapped me a time or two. But she didn't which is amazing.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...