Wednesday, November 20, 2013

goop

You know how when you were sick as a kid, your mom would make everything all snugglywuggly and better?  I always wondered how she managed to have the capacity and energy to do that, and now as a mom, I get it. When my mini humans aren't bouncing off the everything I tend to get nervous.   I did medicine, I did the doctor, but them I'm supposed to be patient. It's agonizing. The very least I can to is give them massive amounts of pretzels, make a nest of pillows and blankets and let them watch tv all day. That snugglywuggly feeling I got as a kid now comes when I can give that to my mini humans. It's all I've got. The poor Dude was literally shaking as he tried to take his medicine tonight. He's got a sinus thing that is coming out his eyeballs and looks like pinkeye, but it's not. In my 7 years of parenting I've never seen this before. I made an illustration for you while I was feeding Thing 3 tonight:

I skipped the goop, but there's that too. WonderGirl has it now and went to bed in a panic because I told her she'd have to stay home tomorrow.  At least I'll have company!  But I still don't have my voice back 100% so I hope they are still lethargic and I won't have to yell. Cuz I can't. 

1 comment:

Jane said...

That is the one thing I fear if we ever get to have kids. All of them getting sick at once. I do not know how my mother had five kids with the chicken pox all at the same time.
Twice.
Don't even mention the times we had the flu.

What's the opposite of pride AND humility? Self flagellation?

This weekend at our stake conference , our leaders spoke a few times about pride and the importance of humility.  So I did a good ol' s...