Wednesday, November 20, 2013

goop

You know how when you were sick as a kid, your mom would make everything all snugglywuggly and better?  I always wondered how she managed to have the capacity and energy to do that, and now as a mom, I get it. When my mini humans aren't bouncing off the everything I tend to get nervous.   I did medicine, I did the doctor, but them I'm supposed to be patient. It's agonizing. The very least I can to is give them massive amounts of pretzels, make a nest of pillows and blankets and let them watch tv all day. That snugglywuggly feeling I got as a kid now comes when I can give that to my mini humans. It's all I've got. The poor Dude was literally shaking as he tried to take his medicine tonight. He's got a sinus thing that is coming out his eyeballs and looks like pinkeye, but it's not. In my 7 years of parenting I've never seen this before. I made an illustration for you while I was feeding Thing 3 tonight:

I skipped the goop, but there's that too. WonderGirl has it now and went to bed in a panic because I told her she'd have to stay home tomorrow.  At least I'll have company!  But I still don't have my voice back 100% so I hope they are still lethargic and I won't have to yell. Cuz I can't. 

1 comment:

Jane said...

That is the one thing I fear if we ever get to have kids. All of them getting sick at once. I do not know how my mother had five kids with the chicken pox all at the same time.
Twice.
Don't even mention the times we had the flu.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...