Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Thing 3 is 4

Dear Mom,

Life would be a lot easier if you joined FB.  I'm so informative and awesome there.  It's so easy to load things.  You have your reasons, I get it it.  But sharing a big batch of Thing 3's birthday bash would be a lot easier if you'd just drink the koolaid...   Whatevs.  I'm the best daughter ever.  I'm going to blog about it like a cavemom, since I know you can find websites.


I casually mentioned the Construction theme to a friend and she revealed that it was a life goal to build a deconstructed construction birthday cake.  I'm kind and magnanimous, so I let her make it.


There are birdhouse kits under the hats.  Also there are hats.


I used our For Magic to make an archway - I like having some kind of entrance for a party, and hot dang I'm doing this from now on.



The UPS guy was kind of worried about all the caution tape.  Ha!


This was an unexpected hit - a warm up activity as people arrived was to hammer golf tees into cardboard boxes.  The girls especially got pretty violent - kinda funny, it's always the quiet ones who are into hammers.


Hammers!  Extra adults!  (I've taken to inviting the entire family of the kid's friends - not just a huge pile of kids their age.  So there are kids of all ages, I get to hang out with my friends and the kids are all comfortable with each other.)





Life is good.

Not pictured:  While the other adults cut up the cake, we had a freeze dance party.  I worked off at least half a bite of cake.



Aaaand, there's our 4 year old.  Every blasted picture was blurry because 4 years old, duh.  These were the least blurry:



You are now welcome to call me up and gush about how awesomesauce this was.
Love, Reva

2 comments:

M said...

Looks awesome! We also invite siblings to our parties, and then parents usually hang out too, and it's a little less stressful for me when there are more adults around. Cuz I still think maybe I've fooled people into thinking I'm an adult, but it's all an act.

Jane said...

You. Are. Amazing.
That is the coolest party ever! And since I am raising a construction machinery junkie myself I am totally going to steal this idea for later.
(Cheetah came across the room and crawled into my lap to comment on the "dump truck" and "digger" he saw on the cake. FTW)
Super impressed!!!

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...