Monday, December 25, 2017

Happy Merry Pretty Things!

Merry Christmas, y'all!!  Instead of a diatribe on how much mental illness bites, I thought I'd share some of my favorite finds.  I'm a sucker for Buzzfeed lists of Awesome Drugstore Beauty Products!! or Great Gifts for Weird People Under for $5!! and I've found some genuine Not Crappy Stuff that I'd share.  These have been Reva Tested and Reva Approved. Links to this stuff are click-on-the-pic.


This Skin Food Black Sugar Mask is soooo fabulous.  You clean your face, then rub the goo on, which has sugar granules in it so it exfoliates, then you leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash off.  Usually when I exfoliate I feel dry and blurg, but this has nice oils in it that leave you feeling Moist.  Yeah, I said it.  Okay, actually Smooth is a better word, but I don't get to use Moist often.  Because it's gross.  But this stuff isn't!  There's a Strawberry version too that's nice, but this one is my go to.  Husband has not mentioned anything about how I look like a diseased zombie when I use it, so that's bonus.

The article I read on this said you'd have Rich Girl Hair.  I don't know what that is, but I do know I use Suave shampoo then this stuff, and my hairs feel awesomesauce, better than any combo of fancy shampoos and conditioners I've tried.  And if it can make Suave hairs feel silky, then booya.  I saved myself 4 bucks with cheap shampoo and my hair feels good anyway.  So I'm 4 bucks richer!

This is a serum thing that the fancy magazines I read in the waiting rooms at the Dude's MANY appointments say I should put on after toner and before moisturizer.  I don't think it lifts anything or does anything age/gravity defying, but of the different serum things I've tried, this feels like smearing satin on my face.  It's so smooooth.  So I feel nice, and that's good enough for me.

A hairdryer brush!!  LANDS. This is for lazy people who are tired of holding a brush in one hand and a hairdryer in the other.  And since I have a bob, this Is Awesome.  I still dry my hair upside down with the big one after my shower to bring the moistness down a notch (I'm on a roll, had to use it) and then this to smooth out the hairs and turn in the ends.  And then maybe a flat iron to tame flyaways, but that takes 2 minutes tops.  This thing does most of the work so my other hand is free to make shadow puppets.  If it wants.

This is for hairs with no body.  I don't know what this stuff is, but it is a friggin miracle.  One review I read said it kept one person's hair from looking flat and gross after a whole day in Florida - that alone made me press Buy It Now.  And I don't get it - I sprinkle it on my roots after styling it, and it looks like I teased it just a tad.  And then it looks like that 8 hours later!  Or more!  If the heavens blessed you with hair that has a mind and a zip code of its own, cherish it.  If not, buy this stuff.

These patches are awesome.  I got a creepy mega zit and I put on of these little stickers on and you can actually see the stuff it sucks out of there.  In 2 days the inflammation was way down and it was barely there.  I've been using this new tea tree oil moisturizer on my Zit Zone and have been lucky to not have any flare ups recently, so these patches haven't been used up fast, but I have an 11 year old kid.  I think they may come in handy soon enough...

Unfortunately the tea tree oil moisturizer was available on Amazon, but it got removed and now I can only find it for $50 which is a lot of moolah.  But I'll keep an eye out and if it appears at a decent price, I'll link to it here.

Have a Happy Rest of 2017!!





2 comments:

Cath said...

Snail cream! You gotta get some snail cream. I use an "all in one repair cream" and I swear it works.

heidi said...

Those zit pads have my name alll over them, bc at 37, I still have a monthly skin nemesis

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...