Tuesday, April 15, 2008

If I had a million dollars (if I had a million dollars)

A local radio station was playing songs about $$ today in honor of Tax Day, and they played If I Had A $1,000,000

Ahhh, the BareNaked Ladies… is there anything they CAN’T do?  Honestly, I don’t think I could play violin naked.  Although I’ve never tried.. well, the point of that is the BNL records at least one track on every album in their birthday suits.

And this song (it’s got a bit of another one at the beginning, but it gets to the goos stuff rather soon) got me to thinking… what would I want if I had a million dollars? A nice reliant automobile?  A Picasso or a Garfunkel?  A monkey?

Here’s a few things I would love: 

A mandolin.  And not just any - an Ovation mando.  *droooing* It sounds so heavenly.  It could make me sound good!  No, I can’t play one (well), but that’s not a big deal since it’s essentially a violin in theory.  I can muddle about one, but I could probably muddle better if I actually had one… that one. 

Time.  Oh, the time to practice violin again… and I hate practicing too, but now that I can’t, I’m starting to lose a lot of my ability and I really shouldn’t do that until I pay off my bills from grad school.

A maid.  When I lived in Brasil an had my friend come over 3 times a week to clean, and every now and then watch WonderToddler, I was in heaven.  To not be alone, to watch things be cleaned and know I’m not the one doing it… spectacular.  And the only reason why if SexyHusband suggested another move south ‘o the border, I’d seriously ponder it. 

Super powers.  (I can be fanciful with this list, I’m never going to have a million dollars anyway!) One superpower in particular - to always have a bod that is smokin’ . To never worry about something fitting or not fitting again, to never have to dread putting on a swimsuit because of my flabby tush hanging out, and most importantly, to be able to eat whatever I want.  Which I already do, BUT I wouldn’t have the dread of what it’s going to do to my thighs.  Honestly, if I worked out a little I’d probably be fine.  But we all know that’s not going to happen… not while there’s something good on TV, or I have to breathe or something.

A nanny.  Not someone like SuperNanny to get in my biz, but an extra pair of hands to help and enjoy my wee one.  And if, like tomorrow, I have a dentist appointment and have to teach some lessons in the afternoon, I wouldn’t have to call every woman I know from church and beg them to watch WonderToddler for an hour, because I’d have that extra pair of hands to take her to the park or something equally fun.  And also, to help WonderToddler learn to whistle while she works.  And to teach her how to work, too.

 

Bling.  Hey, every respectable millionaire should let others know they are fabulously wealthy by wearing it.  ALL of it.

 

Oh yeah, and world peace too.  That ought to be worth a million bucks, right?

What would YOU do with a million dollars? 

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...