Friday, April 11, 2008


This link is to an article from last week, detailing a car accident a 52 year old father from Colorado was in.  60% of his body was covered in burns, and he fought so hard to stay alive that he even dragged himself out of the wreckage of the burning car   *the part not burned, for those in the know, was where his G’s covered.  But still, he passed away last night.

If you saw PBS’ documentary The Mormons, then you saw his family.  One of their daughters has a terminal heart condition (featured in the documentary) and there are 11 children total, the youngest in 6th grade.

They live in the stake I grew up in, and my mother has constantly told me of the incredible things they have been able to accomplish with their family.  I have never heard anything but the highest praise and love for them.  And so I add my tears to theirs and my prayers are for them.  I still don’t have a handle on this death thing.  Especially when children are left behind.  Please, if you have a moment, pray for their comfort and strength.

And hug someone you love a little tighter.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...