Thursday, June 5, 2008

If I could just erase that one thing...

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; Oh never mind, you will never understand the power and the beauty of your youth until they’ve faded. But trust me, in twenty years, you will look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now, how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.


Many thanks for the happy thoughts.  I stumble every now and then, but my holes tend to run a little deep.  You never know when something will snap on you, and … well, it’s the once bitten, twice shy sort of thing.  And that’s the part of me I hope WonderToddler escapes.


I hope she won’t live in fear.  I hope she’ll always know she’s loved no matter what - and that she can trust me to always do just that.


This adult life tends to raise the stakes, doesn’t it?  Everything is bigger, especially the consequences.  Was I ever a risk taker?  I did manage to do some pretty ballzy things, but it feels like those days are behind me now.  Everything I try seems to get me into trouble now.  Tends to leave you with less motivation to try and all that.  And it terrifies me… is this really how it’s going to be for the next xxx years??  I mean until I live out my life long dream to die onstage in a summerstock production of Romeo and Juliet when I actually plunge that dagger into my boobs and go down in history as the most dramatic Juliet EVER.


But until then… thanks for being my window into the world.


  IMG_4619

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...