Thursday, August 14, 2008

Again, the think-list

The junk in my brain right now:


1. Busy recording our album and HOLY SNAP I hate recording.  I hate hearing myself play - it never sounds like I wanted it to or sounded in my brain.  THis makes me grouchy.


2. Watched a dear friend’s 4 month old the other day while she and her husband went out for their anniversary.  I forgot how HOW much I just don’t do babies.  And this was actually a nice baby.  But I hate babies.  I hate how I don’t know what to do, and when I do try everything I can to help them, they will still scream and do that angry wiggle at me.  I LOVE how WonderToddler can tell me what she wants.  I know I should have another one, but knowing I have about 2 years of sick-preggo and angry baby…  it makes me get pretty hysterical.


3. Sometimes I am just in awe of how fabulous SexyHusband is.  He’s insane and a cranky old man, but he puts WT and I first in everything he does.  I feel loved, appreciated and free to be me.  I’m dang lucky.


4. I finally settled on something cool to wear for some of our manymany gigs - I’ll post pics when they come in the mail.


5.  This weekend?  Demolition derby.  Labor Day weekend?  The DragonCon parade. (parade of freaks dressed like ANYTHING - from pirates to storm troopers to Rainbow Brite).  The future looks good.


6.  Am I the worst human ever?  I don’t like animals and I don’t like babies.  Dang, I need to cultivate at least one redeemable quality.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...