Friday, September 5, 2008



(via garfieldminusgarfield)


How appropriate!  I’m off to play at a Scottish festival this weekend.  I haven’t blogged all weekend, including about the best visit with Dallin and Elizabeth, because I’m a horrible, lazy person.  Elizabeth did though, so you can go see some pictures of the shenanigans.


September is here and all the gigs and work ahead make me want to curl up and hunker down under the waves crashing.  I’m such a wimp, but it’s something I do.  Two thoughts here -


Why on EARTH does WonderToddler run away from me  in public?  Like today at the pool- running away from me constantly, when all the other kids were content to play in one place.  She kept getting out of the pool, tried to jump in the deep end and smashed her face on the concrete a few times.  It wasn’t until she got covered in some ants and nasty bites that she stayed with me and listened.  The other kids didn’t do that… are they better kids than my kid, or are their parents just better parents than I am?  I must’ve looked like a horrific mom, shrieking and yelling like that.


When she went down for a nap a few minutes ago, I held on a little longer before putting her in bed and hugged her close, apologizing for not being the best of mommies today and snapping every time I had to chase her down.  She squeezed my neck tight and said “I love you Mommy.”


I may be a crummy mom, but at least she makes me want to try harder.


Also, now and then my mind pops up a memory of one of my old boyfriends and a previous life.  I am contantly amazed at how doggone lucky I got.  SexyHusband keeps me laughing, keeps surprising me and keeps finding new ways to make me fall in love with him.  I’m so glad I married the strangest man alive.  It’s so blasted hott.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...