Sunday, November 23, 2008

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

must. type. quietly.


Tonight is special.  Well, at least tonight is different.  See, it’s 10:30pm.  Usually that means bed time.  And while I’m IN bed, I’m typety-typing on the computer. Squeeee!!  I’m so kooky and wild!


Let me fill you in on the background here - we’ve got the bedtime ritual all worked out.  Mostly because we’re such different sleepers, we HAD to come up with a solution or one of us would still be on the couch.  Here’s how it goes: teeth brushing, prayers, and then - this is very important - snuggle time on MY side of the bed.


Early on in our marriage, I learned that I am a very violent gal.  At least in my sleep.  SexyHusband routinely ended up on the floor. Once I punched him right in the face!  Plus, since this was MY bed 5 months longer than it was OUR bed, I’d taken ownership and I would literally roll all the way over to his side and push him off.  I never woke up when - VERY heavy sleeper. But when I did this, I just had a really angry husband to deal with in the morning.


So the solution - we snuggle on MY side, and then when he starts dozing off, he rolls over to HIS side, leaving me where I was.  I’ve even trained myself not to kick him anymore!  But it also means every night we go to bed at the same time and I get snugglage.


Only problem now is that he can still fall asleep almost at the speed of a narcoleptic and I lay there, trying to pass out for sometomes an hour or so.  But if I stayed up, I’d miss out on the snuggle ritual, and I LOVE the snuggle ritual!   So I lay there trying to sleep, just because I love being in bed with the hubby, even if it drives me bonkers.


But tonight - he’s totally passed out on some cold medicine and so I’m laying RIGHT NEXT TO HIM, blogging!  Suweet!!!


Man, I’m so glad my life is so good that THIS is the mundane crap you people have to read.  I could be complaining about lotsa stuff, like not having a house or having a husbad that ran our van into the garage door (oh wait, that DID happen!  but he fixed both the car and the door!) or living in a war zone.  But nope, I get to wax poetic on sleep rituals in my dull suburbia.  You lucky lurkers, you!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...