Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sooo.... the pregnant thing....

I can’t move without the danger of losing my lunch.  Why not blog?!


I’m not going to complain - I know it’s a blessing and I could be feeling a heck of a lot worse, like SexyHusband-  his migraines are now at deathcom 64.  We all know how I handled parenthood last time and my feelings at attempting it twice have been…. mixed.


I’ve been praying - hard - for months - that IF and WHEN I, and my family were ready, that I’d get pregnant.  And not before.  I thought it should have happened months ago, scheduling-wise, giving birth in August is a bad idea for me and I actually tried to prevent it, but obviously it was meant to happen when it did.  So how can I feel anything but peace?


OOooh yeah, there’s a lot of scary thoughts - like how will I manage to schedule teaching and finding some in-home care that doesn’t make it ridiculous financially, how will I handle the NEWBORN phase - will the post partum depression hit like last time, how will I manage that with WonderToddler, can I do 2 kids???


For now, I’m taking it as it comes.  I’ll try to find solutions and take care of myself.  Last time there were a lot of factors that made everything complicated - alone in Brasil and all.  I’m not thinking this time will be all rainbows and unicorns, but I survived last time.  Chances are, I’ll end up okay once the next one hits walking and talking.  And I’ll find ways to smile in between there.  I mean, WonderToddler does continue to be super awesome.


That all being said, I signed up for this motherhood thing all the way, and I am looking forward to WT getting to be a big sister, which she is INSANELY excited about.  So, I’ll take nauseous, I’ll take the muscle pain, I’ll take the peeing every 4 minutes, because I have faith I’m doing the right thing.  Can’t get a better reason than that!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...