Sunday, March 1, 2009

create.

The topic of today’s lesson in Relief Society (the women’s organization @ church) was on creating.  Creating beauty around you, beauty inside you, whether it be tangible or intangible things, but feeding your need to create.  Now I can create positive vibes, friendships and all those nice intangible things, but the tangible is not my lot in this life, I’ve found.


I wish I could, I really do.  I wish I could draw.  I wish I could paint.  I wish I was a skilled photographer.  I wish I could sew.  I wish I could decorate my home.  I wish I could cook.  I wish I could write (gooder).  I wish I could bedazzle.  I wish I could make furniture.  I wish I could keep ANYthing in my life neat and clean* .


And don’t tell me that being a musician is anything to sneeze about.  I’ve been playing the violin since I was 3 (that would be 26 years for you mathmaticians) and for a gal playing that long with 2 performance degrees (and you don’t even want to KNOW the amount of school debt for them, plus the thousands spent on teachers before college), if I wasn’t at least as decent a hack as I am now, I’d say my life had been pretty wasted.  But I’m decent, so I’m safe on that count.  For now.


And the one thing I’m REALLY not skilled at is the thing I do ALL DAY LONG.  Practice makes perfect?  This is what I’m creating, for now:



I would honestly adore creating life and a fabulous little human being, PLUS having the ability to have a lovely home with all sorts of snazzy decor stuffs.  And to be able to sew, dagnabit. 


Don’t want to seem greedy, though.  I’ll takes what I gots.


*later in the day when I was mentioning the lesson to SexyHusband and how I have failed miserably at my attempts to “create” tangible things - he responded “You DO create, sweetie!  You create messes for people to clean up!”  It should be noted he was scrubbing the kitchen at that time while I was lounging at the table trying to drown my sorrows in a tuna fish sandwich.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...