Sunday, March 8, 2009

duplicity

I feel at home, on a stage with my red fiddle, as well as in our pew in the back of the chapel at church.


And sometimes, at gigs like last night, where I’m wailing away on the strings, the thought enters my mind “I wonder if the audience would believe that in 12 hours, I’ll be a quiet church-goer.”


And then as I enter the chapel, I can’t help but think “I wonder if these people would believe that last night I had an audience on their feet, clapping and shouting as I played away on my electric violin.”


But when I’m at home, later, and I catch a glimpse of the mom starting back at me in the mirror, I have a hard time seeing either one.  I am simply a frazzled, suburban mom. 


I wonder which one WonderToddler sees?

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...