Monday, April 13, 2009



Remember the whole rigamarole about Tonya Harding in the ‘94 Olympics - there was the bashing-in-the-competetor, the major-rivalry thing, and then, when she finally got a chance to prove herself, she couldn’t perform because of a silly broken shoelace.  Such a small thing, but it made a big difference.


I feel like I have a broken shoelace.  There is so much stuff I need to do to be a good mom, have a nice house, make the world run, but dagnabit, I have a broken shoelace holding me back.  The crazy heartburn, the headaches, the body aches and constant exhaustion.  I KNOW what I should be doing, but man, I want to hide under my bed so dang bad and do zip-zilch-nada.


At least I don’t wear french braids.  That’s one thing.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...