Tuesday, February 6, 2018



Today was one of those days where I threw my to-do list out the window and headed to the children's museum with Thing 3.  This is my last year of having a kid at home at least a few days a week.  

He's SO different than my first two.  He's what I think other people's kids must be like.  I have WonderGirl who is ... extra.  Extra everything.  And the Dude who is so much more than autistic.  But also autistic.  Thing 3 is imaginative and does things like parenting books say children usually do.  They are all brilliant, but smarts come out in different ways.  WG obsessively creates and codes, the Dude reads nonfiction nonstop, and Thing 3 plays with toys like kids in toy commercials do, and also has started memorizing times tables.

I'll never know what it's like to have a gaggle of average children, and I kind of envy those who do.  It's tough for all of us, and the grass is green and glorious everywhere. (I'm typing that to remind me of that for later.)

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...