Thursday, January 25, 2018

I'm super lazy.  Some people are go-getters, and I'm the kind of person the go-getters go and get.  And I'm totally fine with being got.  I'm quite the follower - case in point, any church calling that involves me being in charge has generally been a disaster.  If it wasn't a disaster on the outside, it sure as heck was one on the inside.

But, I don't like to do extra if I don't have to, you know.  I don't like inserting my head where it doesn't belong because 1. I don't want responsibility for anything and 2. I don't like drama.  So you know what super gets me confused?  People who have the energy to leave negative/snippy comments on social media.  Oh, I'll say something punchy to my screen, but the act of typing it out and knowing I'm entering The Drama Zone makes me nauseous.  I barely blog any more, why on earth would I spend any precious keystrokes on anything I don't HAVE to be involved in?  

Do I sound 87 yet?  Case in point, WG came home upset about her bus driver, so I asked on a local moms group how to get ahold of the district's bussing dept.  And a few helpful people pointed me in the right direction, while a few others questioned my parenting.  Who has the energy?  This is why I get a little queasy whenever I pop onto social media, because opinions are lurking.  Drama is hiding out somewhere.  And I spend a lot of actual physical energy actually dodging drama in my real life.

Now, as a pallate cleanser from the talk about drama, here is how we spent our anniversary:


Note - I was the only person in the house who did not throw up that day.  I saved it all for the next day, woo!

And here is a butterfly on my hand next to a butterfly on WG's hand:


Just out of the frame - a sobbing Thing 3 who couldn't get any butterflies to land on him because he wouldn't stop jumping up and down.

2 comments:

heidi said...

I feel that there is a large portion of the parenting community that feels so lost in their own responsibilities and know how that lashing out is their counterproductive therapy. Hence, I'm not on Facebook, and I hold my cards very close to my chest.

Jane said...

The world as a whole is very touchy and if people don't agree than someone must be wrong and I don't want it to be me because, see above.
Ha! Cheetah does that too. "I'll catch the butterfly and make it land on me!! Yes, that's the solution." :)
Best of luck with it all.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...