Sunday, January 21, 2018

How was year 13??

The short answer is, it's all here in the amazing annual anniversary video!!  13 YEARS, whodathunk??




The long answer, good.  When I go looking for music for the video, I try to get it to have the feel of the year, and so a peppy OK GO song it is.  Not a lot of eath changing stuff happened this year, although we did live through Hurricane Harvey and the Dude got baptised at the same time.  And then husband and I jetted off to Mexico for a trip I was terrified to take but it ended up being freaking amazing of course.  I really should start to take his word on things.  Oh, and I did go play 3 shows in New Freaking York City with my band.  No biggie.

But the most important thing I learned was to not be so blasted nice.  I'm always accomodating other people and trying to set them at ease (because I'm a stereotypical girl and unfortunately have my own share of #metoo stories, blegh), but if someone is negative about people I love, I don't have to apologize or make nice.  That seems like a no brainer, but I'm planning to be on earth a long time, so there is a long list of things I need to learn so I won't get bored.  At some point, I may even take up accounting!  Hahahaha no.  No I will not.

So that was a great lesson I had to learn this year the hard way.  But it's a lesson I needed to learn eventually, and it reminded me of how blasted lucky I am to have my tribe to protect and that has my back.  Every now and then I take a step back and look at the people I have in my life and it makes me catch my breath.  How did I end up so lucky??  I don't feel worthy.  But I'm aware, and that's a huge blessing in itself.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...