Wednesday, April 1, 2009

whodathunk??

Yours truly was asked to be in a 7th grade career fair!  But I forgot to ask them - what job exactly did they have in mind for me to represent???  It was by an old orchestra teaching collegue so I assume it has something to do with music, but what?  I came up with a few jobs I have that they might ask me to represent:


Freelance musician - plays occasional weddings and parties, standing like a statue in the corner playing Haydn and pop tunes.


Member of a band - playing pubs, festivals and other odd, odd venues.


Private violin teacher - teaching young’ns in my basement.  Which means I have to keep it kind of clean.  Gah.


The World’s Worst Housekeeper - self-explainatory.  Especially if you’ve ever been a roomate or visited me.


Wife - to the strangest guy ever. I’m actually pretty good at that.


Mom - I could break this into a few different things, but I have no idea what they are.  I touch nasty things, discipline, pretend to be cheery in the face of earth-shattering tantrums, try to impart a tiny part of good sense and religion and keep public nuisance to a minimum.


Man, I’m gonna be a HIT.  Poor, poor future generation.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...