Sunday, May 24, 2009

motherhood ruins your life... in the nicest way possible.

But it does, nonetheless.  Gone are relaxing… well, anythings.  And if I DO get something nice and relaxing, I feel horribly guilty because that means I am without my child and that means someone else is being subjected to her terror-like ways.  I love her energy, I do, but not being able to hold a conversation, sit at a dinner table or go pick up milk from the grocery store without stopping her from shrieking or flailing about like a drugged up monkey - it drains you after a while.


I miss my body, too.  I know pregnancy is “beautiful”, but I hate all the acne I can’t control, and feeling so fat that even maternity clothes don’t fit.  And only having 3 options for outfits because I don’t own many maternity clothes as it is… where’s the fun in getting dressed?


Oh, and let’s not forget that I have this magical power that every time I get pregnant, my husband loses his job.


So I’ve come to the conclusion that motherhood just ruins your life.  It builds itself back together again - but in a totally different way.  You just have to be okay with this new normal.  And my normal is about to get rocked again - in approximately 82 days.   Curses.


Sorry if your invitation to this pity party got lost in the mail ;)

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...