Monday, June 1, 2009



For the 42nd anniversary of the relesase of the Beatles “St. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” a local radio station played the album in its entirety today.  I missed most of it, but am placated by the fact that I own the album and have listened to it already about 672 million times.


I’d post a favorite song from it, but my copy is in the basement and I’m too tired to make the trip.  Have you seen how vertical our house is?!  Also, I have no idea which one I’d choose as my favorite - it was “Strawberry Fields” when I was younger, and there’s always “Lovely Rita,” and the reprise of the main theme is so ahead of its time and killer - although I’m getting really partial to “When I’m 64” as I’m getting ever closer to that magical age. 


Do you have a favorite cut?


1. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band 2. With a Little Help from My Friends 3. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds 4. Getting Better 5. Fixing a Hole 6. She’s Leaving Home 7. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! 8. Within You Without You 9. When I’m Sixty-Four 10. Lovely Rita 11. Good Morning Good Morning 12. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) 13. Day in the Life


?

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...