Saturday, June 20, 2009

official.

So, he signed the contract. My house has been torn up to try and make it attractive to potential buyers and I am trying to keep my confused WonderToddler happy while I wait out all the construction at my in-law’s house.

Lots of tears. Lots and lots of tears. I haven’t wanted to tell everyone I needed because I kept hoping there was another option - another possibility - but last week a few more friends got laid off and I knew SexyHusband getting this job was a miracle I couldn’t deny, not matter how much I don’t want to move. To Wisconsin. Oh, and yes - the cheese was unbelievable amazing. But that’s not the point. The point is someone that needed to know found out before I got up the courage to tell them, and I’ve added another person to my list of “People That Hate My Guts.” That list is remarkably long, actually.

I’m overwhelmed. But more than that, I’m overwhelmed by the 30+ people from church that showed up this weekend to paint, spackle, construct, etc., even just to stop by and give me a hug. In the middle of this whole mess. I’m reminded of how thankful I need to be for people who are willing to serve and help. cry with me and even just smile and say “it’s okay - I understand.”

I really am a very lucky person.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...