Tuesday, July 7, 2009

fuzoop

Interweb is back.  BACK I TELL YOU!!!  I feel human.  HUMAN I TELL YOU!!!  Although it reminds me how horribly alone I am here in the middle of nowhere.  All these people having normal lives out in the normal world where it doesn’t smell like cows.


Yesterday was a trip.. literally.  The brakes went out in the van and I got to hike a few miles - everything was alright, I was just terrified I’d go into labor.  Poor WT treated it like a death march while I mustered enough energy to drag her and say sweetly “It’s okay sunshine!” through clenched teeth.


Today I spent a little too much time alone in the apartment this morning… I felt the darkness coming in.  Poor WonderToddler wondering where her friends were, why she couldn’t see them.  Ouch.  We did eventually head out to the library, which was full of really friendly people, and then even ran into someone we’d met at church over at the park.  People here are so. blasted. friendly.  Really, I’ve never met so many open people willing to smile and chat.  Well, maybe Brasilians, but I had no idea what they were saying.


Every now and then I am so overwhelmed… but then I mingle with the locals and it makes me smile.  Well, except for the one tidbit a local told me today about how last winter (a MILD winter she insisted) it was 20 below zero for an entire week.


Oooop, off to wake up WT and head to the store.  I sure do love you, interwebs.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...