Monday, August 3, 2009

whew!

I was in so much pain last night I had to go to the hospital.  I’ve given birth before - the pain was like that, but without consistent contractions.  I thought I was out of my mind.  I’ve been in bed all weekend, nauseous, and every time I got up there was a painful contraction.  What was going on??


The flu.  The STOMACH FLU!!  What a relief!!!  It makes sense, the back and abdomen pain, the exhaustion, the nausea, and when you’re this far in the game, you get contractions every time you get up or change positions - and with those body aches, you get what equals contractions that are remarkably similar to those I experienced with labor.  I’m not crazy, I’m just sick!!


I still feel like I’m on the verge of dying, but now I’m not worried about being in labor before I’m ready.  I’m only dialated to 2, so I have a few days to prepare and stew.  I’m trying to visualize a little boy in the room across from mine. 


I came home at midnight, still feeling awful, but now I KNEW what was wrong.  I got in a warm tub and took some Tylenol and then I slept better than I have in days.  I woke up sick, but I KNEW it was sick.  I think I can survive this.  My mother in law is driving all the way from the ATL today to spend the week helping me with WonderToddler since I am… slower than usual.  I just need to keep hydrated and keep this guy in me for another week.  I need a week.


Isn’t it nice to KNOW what’s wrong?? 

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...