Thursday, September 17, 2009

how to get a girl.

You guys are AWESOME - I’m still listening to all the love song suggestions and falling in love with them.  Faboo taste in music y’all! 


On the love theme, I have to share this fabulous post from The Wild and Wily Ways Of A Brunette Bombshell :



because i’m feeling generous.




a word to the boy (not-quite-yet-a-man) at the gym with hair resembling that of patrick dempsey:


sometimes it’s not so much what you look like as how you look at  the girl.



OH MY HECK, SOOOO true.  I have fallen for some of the most unlikely characters because of a look.  SexyHusband is one of them.  Any guy can get any girl - if he looks at them in THAT WAY.  It does this thing to your insides and you know you are helpless to resist.  Heck, I have an irrational crush on ROWAN ATKINSON for goodness sakes, because of this look he gives a gal in Johnny English.




I kid you not.






A few months after we were married, SexyHusband and some friends came to a gig I played with my band in a small pub in the Atlanta Underground.  During one break, I went and sat on SH’s lap and chatted with our friends.  There were only a few patrons at the bar, mostly basketball fans hanging out after a game.  One fan who had been watching us play for a while came up to SH and said - “Dude, you are a very lucky man.”






What SH answered will go down in history as the coolest thing I have ever witnessed.  He looked the guy square in the eye and with his arms around me he said -






“It’s not luck.  It’s skill.”






True story.  AWESOME.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...