Wednesday, September 9, 2009

the rest of the story

Y’all are so crazy sweet.  But to give some substance to my constant whining about my less-than-svelte physique, let me recap this conversation I had last night with WonderGirl and myself:


WG, looking up at me: You’re big.


Moi: Um, yes.


WG:  Big like Mungus!


Moi: Oh - Mungus the giant from Dragontales?  Yep, I’m sure tall. *(thinking - gee thanks kid - but let’s leave it at that, m’kay?)*


WG, patting my still protruding and flabtastic belly: And you have a big tummy!


Moi: gurgle.. sniff…


(at this point, SexyHusband is being no help at all and is trying not to laugh in the corner)


WG: When is the other baby in your big tummy going to come out?


………………..!


So you see folks, I take a picture at a flattering angle and you wonderful bloggers come out and give me that ego boost I so desperately needed and BLESS YOU for it, because the feedback I get in real life from the only person I interact with for most of the day that has verbal skills - less than helpful.  Dang kid, we need to start teaching her how to lie.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...