Sunday, November 1, 2009



Are you dying to know how my Halloween was?  You are?? Lucky you!!!


Wednesday day was WonderGirl’s Halloween party at her school (have I mentioned how much I love that place??) and I’d promised to dress up, plus get her and Dude all costumed up.  But the night before I’d been up almost all the bleepety-bleeping night long so I was barely functional.  I had to figure out a costume for her, and I did it maahhhvelously - I rummaged in her closet and came out with a denim jumper, blue tights, a staw hat, a bandana and a pair of glittery cowgirl boots.  Dang I’m awesome.  Then I threw on my fall-back black dress and witch hat, put Dude in a pumpkin bag and headed to play at school.  Fabulous mommying for the day achieved.


Then that night was the church Halloween party - a potluck where you were supposed to bring soup.  Husband made some AMAZING Thai Coconut soup and no one there had ever even heard of it (“Ew!  Coconut in a soup?!”).  Le sigh.  Love the boonies.  But then I got it all to myself, heh.  On the way home I decided to be a nice mommy and let WG eat some candy.  I’m usually all miserly about letting her gobble too much, but I figured she’s 3 now and I remember mom letting me eat all the candy I wanted, seeing as I was the one who had walked the entire neighborhood to get it (except for the Almond Joys.  We were required to surrender those to her).  So she ate a few Starbursts, a lollipop, and tried to eat a Twizzlers but she kept dropping it.  We got home, took baths, brushed our teeth, prayed, snuggled in bed for some stories and then snuggled like we usually do until she got groggy.  Except suddenly, without reason, she puked.  No warning, no “uuuugghhhh I don’t feel good” just BLAH, on her bed, the wall and MY HAIR.  I am now officially a mother.


Friday there was the Preschool Pumpkin parade - all the kids in town line up and walk Main Street while the shop keepers hand out candy.  I was the only mom dressed up - again in my witch costume, but dang I want WG to feel like this is a holiday for all of us, not just some thing we make her do.  Festive and all that.  Also, I think it makes me cooler than the other moms.  And since I am lacking in most of the other mom qualities - craftiness, able to cook, able to wear mom jeans - I figure I have to make up for it in Halloween costumes.


The actual Halloween night we had a church meeting down in Madison so we left WG with 2 other girls and they had a pajama party with copious amounts of popcorn and screaming and Nick Jr.


Man, when I write it all out I see how awesome I truly am, the puppet-master of her social calendar.  Someday, WG will be able to read and I want her to realize how fabulous her mom was/is.  YOU HEAR ME??  FAAAABBBUUULLLOOOOUUUUSSSS!!!


Day one of NaBloPoMo down, 29 to go!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...