Monday, December 21, 2009

This will be the first Christmas I will not spend with either my family or my inlaws.  Due to a ticking deadline at work, we have to stay here.  Husband is a smart one and knew it would be hard on the WonderGirl and I so he already booked us a night at a resort/waterpark up in the Dells, about 20 minutes away.  His job was to distract us and it’s a fantastic one, so guess it’s my job to keep happy so we can have a happy Christmas.  I mean, if mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.


I’m trying to keep busy so I won’t get too lonely.  It doesn’t help that WG misses her friends and family she spontaneously bursts into tears every day.  Yesterday she begged me to take her back to our “real house by Nana.”  And mentioned a few friends and places back in Atlanta she missed… holy break your heart, Batman.  She wakes up crying in the middle of the night every few days.  I lay with her a few times a day and tell her just how much she is loved, but there’s a hole there I can’t fill.  I won’t stop trying though.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...