Tuesday, January 19, 2010

update from the frozen tundra

I’m too busy being a stereotype to blog. Mothering, trying to stay ahead of the chaos (not winning that one) and trying to not smash a lamp into my face to brighten up the gloom out here.  So dark, so cold, SO ABOUT TO GO INSANE.  Also, Husband is out of town.  I can manage the 2 on my own, but it’s not condusive to sanity.


Found my keys though.  Lost something else though.  Grr.


Also, the house really is getting scary.  I keep throwing things away in an effort to have less mess, and yet more things appear.  WonderGirl is trying to kill me, I think.  I checked into some housecleaning services to see if they’d fit into our budget because HOLY SNAP we need an intervention here, but it’s not the same as in Brasil.  Our lady there (a dear friend and amazing woman) had a set fee, showed up a few times a week and just cleaned what she saw needed cleaning.  Tidied where it was messy, whatever fit into the time she was going to be there.  Did whatever was left or around the next time, easy.


American cleaning peoples?  They all give me the riot act about how they will NOT touch clutter, they’ll clean only what they put on their contract and the rest is up to me - they won’t even dust something if I don’t take everything off the shelves, etc.  Isn’t that a bit extreme?  If I could do that, I would at least do that - but I’ve found I simply can’t mother and do anything else.  Making dinner can’t even happen most days.  I don’t want to divy up and nickle and dime - can I just pay someone to hang out in my house for a few hours every now and then to tame whatever insanity they can?  I’m not picky, I just need some help.  Is that too much to ask?


I need HELP.  I need a Brasilian. 


Hrm.. conicidentally, WonderGirl is technically a Brasilian citizen.  She’s not that much help with the un-clutter part of the equation, though…

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...