Tuesday, February 23, 2010

formspring.me


What’s your ideal house?


My opinion is evolving - as is the needs of my growing brood. Having a ranch style was fantastic with WonderGirl learning to crawl and walk. I just kept the door to the basement door closed and the house was her oyster, and I in turn didn’t need to be a paranoid freak all the time.

I like the ranch we’re in now well enough, but it’s kind of small. Not really, but we were spoiled with all the room in our last place, and I’d like a little more space to breathe. If I could design a perfect place for my family now (which these kids keep growing, so who know what will be helpful in the future… padded cell for me, perhaps?) - maybe I’d like these features added:

* Self-cleaning. Hey, they make self-cleaning ovens, why not just extend this to the rest of the house?

* Nice big garage. At least 2 car, 3, preferably. We gots a lot of wheeled things. 2 snowblowers, even.

* Open floor plan - so it’s not compartmentalized a lot between the living room, kitchen dining room and such. I love being able to be fiddling about in the kitchen and make sure my kid isn’t painting all over the family room with chocolate pudding.

* Walkability to parks, grocery, etc. It’s a pipe dream since I’m a suburban goddess living in the middle of farm country, but it’d be nice. Someday.

* Nice big entry from the garage - none of thse tiny rooms or hallways. I’m usually schlepping a carseat and a kid, dragging a screaming kid, a diaper bag, trying to get shoes and jackets and anything else about me somewheres - it would be nice to have a decent mudroom. We have a small hallway now that is also the pantry AND the laundry - I feel like I’m squeezing myself through a toothpaste tube trying to get into the house.

* Big ginormous master bedroom and bath (the place yesterday had one of those shower ROOMS with 2 showerheads - man, it would be like showering under a waterfall!!) next to the kid’s rooms. And plenty of rooms for all the guests who are DYING to experience cow country.

I may just continue to think out this list and keep sharing… but that’ll do for now. Oh, and NO GNOMES. Crazy lady across the street had gnomes that were checking me out all the time -shudder-



What’s your favorite flavor? And why?


Cilantro. What can’t it do? Every time it hits my mouth, my mouth gets all surprised that such an amazing taste could exist, yet it doesn’t overpower anything. For out anniversary we went out for sushi and had this aMAAAAzing roll that had raw tuna, avocado, lime juice and cilantro… aahhhhhh … the lime broke down everything so it was so soft and gahhhhh… can’t finish this, drooling all over keyboard…

(oh, and dark chocolate with raspberry win for the fav sweet flavor)



What one thing do you most regret in life?


Hrm… I’d have to say it would be dating the… characters that I did previous to the Husband. To this day I only respect one of them and we’re still good friends, but if I never lay eyes on the others I’m good to go. Some lied, some were controlling, and some were just plain pansies. Sigh, I wish I hadn’t spent so much of my time and energy on them - and I know my poor mother does too. And having a daughter so like me, how can I teach her from my hall o’ losers? She’s 3 and her teacher at school just informed us she has a boyfriend. Excuse me while I go vomit.

Great questions y’all! Keep ‘em coming!




Ask me anything

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...