Wednesday, April 14, 2010



I think I’ll have to start a segment here titled Please Dress Me, Intrawebs.  You guys are freaking geniuses when it comes to clothing advice.  Today’s episode features my black dress.  The comfy tee dresses this season are ridiculously short, and I’ve been hankering for an uber casual dress to go shlep the kids around town in that doesn’t show off my caboose or anything else I’d like to keep under wraps.  Something no-frills and comfortable.  So I found a simple pattern and got a lady at church to make it for me.


I think I need to have her bring it in a wee bit in the waist, but here it is.  A blank canvas, if you will.  The possibilities are endless, and I love that!  I threw on some teal tights and some ballet flats and I’m pleased with the bit of pop.  But I feel like it’s missing something… an applique something, a pocket, I dunno… no belts, unforch.  They and I just don’t mix.  My mid-section is shaped weird and I don’t like drawing attention to it because it makes me uncomfortable, which is the opposite of what I want.


So… any genius thoughts?  I love that I can wear about any sandal, flat shoe, huzzah.  But… something is needed…  okay intrawebs, shock me with your brilliance!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...