Tuesday, June 1, 2010

help, puleez

I have a favor to ask.  And i know I already asked for a favor and YES, the cookbook is almost ready.  But this one is a bit more personal.


I’ve got this crazy uncle - Bret - who has been in the hospital for over a week now with liver troubles.  Like, it’s not working.  And his kidneys.  He is making small progress, but it’s all so small compared to the mountain he needs to climb.  He also has a lovely wife and a baby girl just 2 months younger than my Dude.  I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for all of them.  Could you send a few prayers their way?  I know they’ve been working thus far, but some extras would be lovely.


Also, he’s crazy, and laying in bed non-stop, in and out of consciousness is a tad boring.  He loves jokes, and my mom is at his bedside, trying to come up some but she’s tapped out.  Good jokes, awful jokes, he appreciates them all.  If you know of one or two or thirteen, please share.  I’ll send them along ASAP.


Obrigada.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...