Thursday, June 3, 2010

throwback thursday

In the spirit of TMI, here’s an entry from April 27th, 2001 that involves my chest.  Just a warnin’.  I was a senior (for the first time ) at good ol’ UNT doing what I did the most of, sitting in orchestra.  And embarrassing myself



Wednesday night I played Beethoven’s 9th. It was totally exciting! I don’t remember much of it because I was busy having my back hurt like HECK, but I’ve never had such big applause in my life. All for little old Reva, 6th chair in the second violin section….


The was one reason though that it was good that not many people could see me…


It was just before we began. I’m sitting there on stage, all pretty in my black clothes, when I decided to take off my watch and put it on the floor next to the music stand.


A little background - my violin was laying face up on my lap and you know that white chalky-ish rosin stuff you see violinists putting on their bows (sorry, the other bowed string instruments too:)? Well, that gets on your strings where you play.


Do you see where this is going?


I bend over my violin to put my watch on the floor…


I sit up, and discover I’d gotten lines of rosin right across my ample bosom there …. on a black velvet shirt, lines of white chalk across my chest, seconds becore I have to stand up as the conductor gets the orchestra a round of applause before the music starts.


I’m frantically rubbing my shirt to get the rosin off, praying no one sees the possibly provacative gestures I’m making.


The two guys next to me did… and today Sean came up to me - just a buddy - and asked me why he’d seen my rubbing my boobs before the concert.


possibly the most embarassing thing that’s happened to me on stage…


No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...