Thursday, June 17, 2010

throwback thursday

November 27th, 2006.  We spent T-Day in Brasil, with our favorite displaced American family. (Pensievity.  She is AWESOME.)  I love, LOVE these pictures.



So the afore-mentioned rant will have to wait, as I simply cannot rant in the same entry that I post the cutest picture the world has ever seen. Yesterday at our Thanksgiving feast, I couldn’t help but take advantage of the construction paper Elizabeth sent me all the way from Alabama (I’m thankful for you!!) and also take advantage of the fact that babies can’t get embarrassed.


I was just stuck by the beauty of a holiday so many people share, just to be with their families and say thanks. I usually fly home to Colorado to celebrate – the fact that so many people are willing to go to the expense to be with the people they love is moving to me. And then there is the history of the holiday itself. If you look specifically at the events that took place to inspire the day – the Native Americans sharing their knowledge and resources with the Pilgrims – it is a beautiful thing.


So to acknowledge the history, my friend Pensievity and I made these for our kids. Her son wouldn’t sit long enough for the band to fit the hat on the head to be made, so Husband taped it right it onto his forehead.








I can’t believe you have to have a license to buy a gun but someone like me is allowed to procreate and raise children.


^%$%$#$%#@$#@^%$#^%#$^$#@^%$#@%^$#^%


We had a doctor’s appointment this morning for WonderGirl and apparently her skin is normal. I have no idea how I’m going to handle something actually wrong with her body. She’s growing right, and pretty much perfect in every way. I’m not taking credit for that.


I don’t feel like I can take credit for much. She just grows slower than I can read books and websites on child development, so everything I read and look for or try to stuff into her paws goes unnoticed. Uninterested. I spend all day with this small bundle of ennui. Yes, I’m taking it personally.


Our house-cleaning lady can get her smiling and cooing in seconds, and Husband and I are desperately trying to learn how to baby-talk as well as she does. But it just isn’t the same. Maybe I should learn Portuguese just to make WG smile more??


I still can’t believe she came out of my body. But now she is, and I keep waiting for a hug. Some sign that she cares I exist, besides feeding her. What do I do until then??


SUPERCRACK needs a hug. Baby sized.


No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...