Tuesday, July 13, 2010



Spotlight On My Stalkers: Padme


I haven’t forgotten about stalking y’all!  This took a wee bit of a backseat while I was travelling but my brain is back in my head and I’m ready to roll.  Now, many of you may know that Padme here is one of the lucky members of the Reva’s Best Friends FOREVER club, but I’m not playing favorites by posting my besties first - I have to spotlight Padme NOW because time is of the essence here.  Padme’s dear, sweet husband is off Africa or Antarctica or something for the entire summer, so in what I can only assume is a fit of insanity and boredom, she has started regular blogging.  Like, posting more than once every 9 months.  So I HAVE to strike while the iron is hot, before she’s reunited with her beloved and discovers that living real life is more fulfilling than blogging to serve my voyeristic needs or some such nonsense.


A little background, Padme and I met in college, my second senior year and her freshman year though she would have been a senior in high school that year if she hadn’t graduated a year early.  It was fate that made me lame enough to take 5 years in a 4 year program and make her smart enough hop up a grade - because we were soooo meant to meet.  Our first Sunday at church fall semester, I was lonely and in a funk and had prayed mightily that I could make a new, awesome friend.  I thought my luck was down that day and was going to leave - when this spunky lady grabbed my arm and demanded I be her daughter’s friend - the oh-so-tiny, docile Padme.  This is in the top 5 of greatest things that have happened to me.  We were thick as theives immediately.  I offered to pick her up from her dorm and come get some food at my place, and when I got there, my car died and we got to bond in the too-small cab of the tow truck.  And wasn’t the driver a Wiccan or something ridiculous??  We have had so many insane adventures in the last 9 years they are too numberous to mention - we were each other’s bridesmaids, shot guns at Uncle Jimbo’s trees together, and were the hottest violin-flute act ever at the nursing home next to my apartment.  Okay, this is getting too verbose.  Suffice to say, I adore her.  A few facts:



She’s within sneezing distance of getting her master’s in flute performance.


She dressed up in full Padme regalia for all 3 Star Wars premiers.


She also dressed as Miss Crabapple for the Simpsons movie.


She’s been married for a year and a half to Indiana Jones, the only guy I’ve ever met that can keep up with her, including the costumes.  I’ll forgive him for taking her off the dating market (her dating stories were the stuff soap operas are made of!) because he drove something like 20 hours just so we could hang out for a day! 


She spent all last summer studying in Paris, and her hubby is spending the entire summer in the Middle East.  He dreams of moving her there.  She dreams of changing his mind, but she’s up to it, regardless .


She is almost exacly half my size.


Our butts are the same shape.  At least they were before I started having kids. ;)


She carries a penny whistle around in her back pocket.


She LOVES Irish music.  She bleeds green.  She toots green tunes.


She makes the Greatest Green Chile Enchiladas EVER.  I’m not kidding.  I’m salivating right now.


She loves washing dishes.  I know.


I forced her to be in a steel pan band with me in college.  We were marginally passable - but we mastered the art of air drumming!


She has 2 sisters and I envy their hysterical, gorgeous little unit so much I want to pinch them all a little.


She is ALWAYS up for a photo shoot.


She likes dogs like I like Ikea.  Yeah, that much.



So, go stalk her at Easier Done Than Said - because it just might inspire her to keep up the blogging after she gets to be reunited with her hunk o’ husband in a few weeks!  Love you, Padme!!!


I have so many pictures of Padme, fabulous and hysterical, that deciding which to use was cramping my brain.  I ended up using this one - a grad student and she still goes to campus all gussied up for Halloween.  How awesome is that??  Her quote under this pic in her FB album is: “What can I say? I was living with a dalmatian and I had DI (thrift store) at my disposal.”

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...