Monday, August 2, 2010

turn, turn, turn

On the way to Nauvoo, my mom and my aunt insisted on stopping at the Carthage jail.  A place for quiet contemplation.  And I worked my butt off to not take that away from the other visitors as I hid in the bottom floor of the jail trying to get my stir-crazy WonderGirl to stop screaming.  While my poor mom tried to get the sleepy Dude from screaming as well.  I hope I didn’t ruin the experience for the other people there.


It’s a wonderful thing to go to sacred religious sites, but I feel like I don’t belong there right now.  It’s just not my season in life.  Later, sure.  As long as I accept what my season is, and know that I’ll have other seasons, that’s fine.  So I got to thinking of all the other things that don’t belong in this season.  Indulge me, if you will.


It’s not my season to watch anything from primetime during primetime.


It’s not my season to wear my hair down.  Or wear jewelry. (little fingers grabbing and pinching, ouch!)


It’s not my season to take a undisturbed shower.


It’s not my season to be able to schedule a doctor’s appointment for myself.  I’d rather be sick than try to find a babysitter during the day.


It’s not my season to have a vacation that is actually relaxing.


It’s not my season to have a decent night’s sleep.


It’s not my season to fit into my clothes.


It’s not my season to read a book or do a puzzle while laying on the floor.


It’s not my season to walk through a grocery store without singing primary songs at the top of my lungs to keep the Dude from crawling out of the basket.


It’s not my season to hear anything said in church.


It’s not my season to have anything in my house where I originally put it.


It’s not my season to be able to eat an Oreo in plain sight in my own home.


This is, of course, not a comprehensive list.  I will probably be adding to it.  What about you?  What is out of your season?

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...