Friday, January 7, 2011



I stumbled on this while going through the pictures of the last year.  This was July at the Carthage jail in Illinois.  I have been zooming through these but this caught my eye.  There’s me, the two women who raised me, and these two children.  Who are mine.  The way we’re standing strikes me - my mom and Sanny are behind me, like they always are, while I’ve got my arms full of years of work ahead of me (delightful work, nonetheless).  It just brings tears to my eyes.  I’m so blessed to have these ladies have my back.  Plus the fact that I’m responsible for my own kids sneaks up on me and surprises me every now and then.  It’s still so surreal.


Oh, and there are almost zero pictures of last winter and spring.  That’s because it’s just too blasted cold to do anything and everything fun to do out here is outside.  But the summer?  We got out and played HARD.  I swear, this video just might be 8 hours to cover it all. 

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...