Thursday, January 27, 2011



Today I am incredibly thankful for the stay-at-home part of stay-at-home mom.  The Dude has resurrected the waking-up-at-unholy-times-of-night habit and started screaming at 2:30 this morning.  As I shuffled around getting him a bottle, I realized I was feeling violently sick, so spent the next good while rolling around the bathroom floor.


Sidenote - how annoying is it that a woman of a certain age can’t throw up without everyone assuming she’s knocked up?    You can’t say “ug, I feel so awful!” without a “HHHHMMMM????!!!” right back at you.  All I want is pity, not a expectant question.


And no, I’m not.  Sheez.  Why on earth would I be thinking about adding to the brood when the Dude is the biggest handful a 17 month-old has ever been??  Let a poor girl catch her breath!


Anywho, we woke up late this morning with nothing planned, I was able to roll around on the floor some more and moan while the kids watched Sesame Street and then we made some blueberry muffins.  I know in a few years there will be school every day and a morning like this will be a distant memory, but oh, it was appreciated today.


Now WonderGirl and I are reading and getting smart.  It’s days like today that being a trophy wife totally pays off.


 

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...