Tuesday, March 15, 2011

today is a monday in disguise

After waking up at 2 and 5 to a cranky Dude that apparently just wanted some blankies to snuggle, I finally left my room at 7:54.  WonderGirl was in the living room reading a book about planets, and the Dude was singing to himself in his crib.  The day had begun.


I’ve been behind ever since.  Blagh.  As I lay in bed before I ascended on the day,  I thought - “I HAVE to home school WonderGirl.  If she was in school, she’d have to be there by now.  I’d have to actually be UP.”  And why not home school her?  I taught her to read, we’re doing first grade math workbooks, we watch a ton of Bill Nye the Science Guy (THAT SHOW IS SO AWESOME) and the piano… but a few weeks ago at her preschool parent-teacher conference, the teacher raved about her academic prowess - the only problem she had was sitting still and waiting her turn to talk.  And that’s the once thing I can’t teach her.


So basically she’ll go into school knowing too much, so all she’ll want to do is be a HUGE distraction.  Great!


Why on earth does anything have to happen before 9am?!?!?!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...