Tuesday, May 3, 2011



What do you do when you are stuck in the house?  Me?  I take two men’s t-shirts and turn them into a dress.  And then take absolutely awful pictures because hey, I’ve been stuck in a house all day and forgotten how civilized society looks.  (Also husband has been gone for days so I also forgot how to groom myself.)


Don’t ask me how I made it, it’s a whole trainwreck of thread and scissors, and I don’t know if I’ll ever wear it in public.  Back in college, a dear friend gave me a $20 guitar he’d picked up at a pawn shop so I could write angry chick music.  One of the best gifts anyone has ever given me.  This $50 sewing machine is a close second, though (I sent husband out at midnight on Black Friday… SO worth it:) I’m having a BALL!  I can’t do anything but sew a straight line - can’t read patterns - but somehow I’m managing to have fun without breaking something or stabbing myself in the eye with a needle.  I don’t think any of us saw that one coming!

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...