Monday, May 2, 2011

almost

Husband has been gone since Saturday, and I have at least another day to go. Good thing I had a killer day planned tomorrow! Playdate, teaching music lessons (a playdate in itself), dinner with friends, it was going to be awesome!



Enter amused reality. The Dude - the 20 month old Dude - has shingles. Huh?? Is that even possible?? He had the chicken pox vaccine so it’s a mild case, but it’s still contagious. I actually tried to get the doctor to say I could still go play with friends - I mean, it’s so mild, right?? But he does have this habit of licking everyone and everything he sees, so the doctor said no. Humph.



So, we’re quarantined. Lepers. I was so looking forward to it all. Soooooo looking forward to it. If you pity me, you should do something nice like leave a comment. I won’t even tell you what to say, surprise me.

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...