Wednesday, June 13, 2012

well hellooooo there

Did I neglect to update you on my mad cool travels this weekend?  Apologies, but it can be blamed squarely on my phone, which does not allow me to post on-the-go anymore.  I've discovered that the Blogger app is whack on my last 3 or 4 trips and there are some witty posts just languishing in the recesses of my phone memory, but I get super mad then forget and don't remember again until I travel.  Poo.

Anywho, it was a mad, frabulous time and I am sad and sore to be back in Wisconsin.  We got all kinds of crazy and thought it was a totally doable thing to do to record, mix and print an entire CD in less than 24 hours.

I had considered this beforehand and had set out to make CD covers just in case:


They turned out cool, n'est pas?  I cut out cardstock and sewed up the sides to create an envelope, then printed out a label on sticker paper because I got a color printer for Mother's Day, what what.

Then I got the Michael's and we actually recorded.  Which, as always, pushed me to the brink of insanity and self-loathing.  I HATE recording.  But in less than 24 hours, we had this:


We madly mastered, printed, and duplicated as we ran from computer to car in a mad dash to leave for the lovely North Georgia mountains on time.




In the end, we did it!!  I had a case of the nerves for a good portion of the weekend (left over from the recording, I HATE recording) but I had a total blast and we already got booked to play there next year!!  I'll spend some time today messing with my 365 pics to tell a slightly fuller side of the story (slightly, I was busy) but for now, this video of us messing around with another band, Uncle Hamish and the Hooligans, can give you a taste of the aswesomeness (as one friend put it, I am apparently "metal" at the 4 minute mark).  Also, I think I need to wear pants when I play so my chicken legs do not scare the faint-hearted.

2 comments:

M said...

But how can I buy a copy of the CD?

The Atomic Mom said...

I'm glad you clarified about Uncle Hamish....because I was going to say some of the Blarney Gals looked like Blarney Guys. I think this is the first time I've heard you play in one of your groups. Good stuff.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...